Dr. Prashant Kumbhaj is a one of the leading Oncologist of Jaipur. He deals in treatment of all types of cancers. He is Currently working in Mahatma Gandhi Hospital as a Assistant Professor. Dr. Prashant Kumbhaj is the only oncologist in Rajasthan who have dual oncology speciality degrees. He has post graduation in Radiation oncology and DM in Medical oncology . This is very rare combinations and in india very few oncologist have dual degree. He Trained in worlds leading cancer centers.
MD, DM (Medical Oncology)
MRCP (Medical Oncology) UK
Assistant Professor, Department of Medical Oncology Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences and Technology, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
(1) Kumbhaj P, Sharma R, Bhatnagar AR, Saini PK Palliative Radiotherapy In the Management of Advanced Pediatric Malignancies .National Journal of Medical Research (NJMR).(Page No 58- 60,Volume 4│Issue 1│Jan – Mar 2014)
(2) Kumbhaj P, Sharma R, Bhatnagar AR, Saini PK. Study of Weekly Paclitaxel with Concurrent Radiotherapy v/s Weekly Cisplatin with Concurrent Radiotherapy in Advanced Cervix Carcinoma. Global Journal of Medical Research(GJMR) (Page No .21-23(Vol. 13, Issue 3, ISSN No. 0975-5888 ,Year 2013).
(3) Kumbhaj P, Sharma R, Singh DP, Sharma OP, Bhatnagar AR. Study of Two Different Dose Fractionation Schedules of Post Mastectomy Chest Wall Irradiation in Carcinoma Breast Patients. International Journal of Medical Science and Public Health. (Page no 1001-1003, Year 2013, Vol.2 Issue 1.ISSN No.2320-4664 (print), 2277338X).
(4) Kumbhaj P, Sharma R, Bhatnagar AR, Saini PK. Comparative Study of IMRT v/s 3DCRT in Postmastectomy Breast Cancer Patients. International journal of Scientific Research (IJSR)(Page no 310-312 (Vol. 2, Issue 9, ISSN No. 2277 – 8179).
(5) Kumbhaj P, Sharma R, Bhatnagar AR, Saini PK. Recurrent and Metastatic Dermatofibrosarcomaprotuberans (DFSP): A Relatively Rare Case Report .International Journal of Scientific Research(IJSR) (Page No. 413-414, Volume 3, Issue 5, May 2014.ISSN No.2277, 8179)
(6) Kumbhaj P, Sharma R, Bhatnagar AR, Saini PK.Sexual Functioning & Quality of Life In Cervical Cancer Survivors After Surgery And Radiotherapy. National Journal of Medical Research(NJMR) (Page no 116-118, Volume 4│Issue 2│Apr – June 2014)
(7) Kumbhaj P, Sharma R, Singh DP, Sharma OP, Bhatnagar AR. Comparative study of two Hypofractionated Palliative Radiotherapy regimens in locally advanced Non Small Cell Lung carcinoma. Journal of Thoracic Oncology. 2012 Sep; 7(9 Supplement 3): S174.
(8) Kumbhaj P, Sharma R, Bhatnagar AR. Fertility after testicular cancer treatment by chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Fertility and Sterility. 2013 Sep; 100(3): S164
(9) Bhatnagar AR, Sharma R, Singh DP, Sharma OP, Sharma S, Gupta S, Kumbhaj P. Control of urinary, rectal, and sexual symptom after 3-D conformal radiotherapy for bladder cancer. European Journal of Cancer. 2012 Apr; 48(Supplement 4): S4.
(10) Bhatnagar AR, Singh DP, Sharma R, Kumbhaj P. Docetaxel versus Gefitinib in patients with locally advanced or metastatic NSCLC pre-treated with platinum-based chemotherapy. Journal of Thoracic Oncology. 2012 Sep; 7(9 Supplement 3): S159.
(11) Bhatnagar AR, Singh DP, Sharma R, Sharma OP, Sharma S, Gupta S, Kumbhaj P. A comparative study of a monoclonal antibody against EGFR (nimotuzumab) used in combination with chemoradiation versus chemoradiation alone in the treatment of locally advanced inoperable squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2012 Jun; 30(Supplement): e16012.
(12) Bhatnagar AR, Singh DP, Sharma R, Kumbhaj P. Breast Conserving Surgery and Whole Breast Radiation Therapy Followed by High Dose Rate Brachytherapy Boost Versus Electron Beam Boost in the Treatment of Early Breast Cancer in Young Indian Women: Which is Cosmetically Better? Global journal of Medical Research (GJMR) (Vol. 13, Issue 5, Version 1.0).
(13) Bhatnagar AR, Sharma R, Kumbhaj P. Improvement In Xerostomia Related Quality of Life of Oral Cavity And Oropharyngeal Squamous Cell Carcinoma. National Journal of Medical Research (NJMR) (Page No 338-341, volume 3, issue 4, 2013.)
(14) (Col) Prakash G Chitalkar1, Rakesh Taran,. Deepak Singla, Prashant Kumbhaj. A Study On Awareness Of Tobacco Use And Cancer Risk Among Medical Students. National Journal of Medical Research (NJMR) (Page no 35-37, Volume 6/Issue 1/Jan-Mar 2016)
(15) (Col) Prakash G Chitalkar1, Rakesh Taran, Prashant Kumbhaj, Deepak Singla. Incidences and Treatment Abandonment in Adolosant And Young Adult Cancer Patients In Central India. National Journal of Medical Research (NJMR) (Page no 77-79, Volume 6, Issue 1, Jan-March 2016)
(16) Rakesh Taran, Deepak Singla, Prashant Kumbhaj, (Col) Prakash G Chitalkar, Vishesh Gumdal Retrospective Study of Hormone Receptor Status In Breast Cancer Patients In Central India. National Journal of Medical Research (NJMR) (Page no 143-145, volume 6/issue 2/Apr-June 2016)
(17) Rakesh Taran, Deepak Singla, Prashant Kumbhaj, Prakash Chitalkar, vishesh Gumdal. A Retrospective, Molecular Study of EGFR And ALK Mutation In Non Small Cell Lung Cancer Patients. National Journal of Medical Research (NJMR)(Page no. 196-198, Volume 6/issue 2/Apr-June 2016)
(18) Vishesh Gumdal,Manika Batra, Prakash Chitalkar. Rakesh Taran, Prashant Kumbhaj, Deepak Singla. A Study of Adjuvant Concurrent chemotherapy with Capecitabine in Adenocarcinoma Stomach. (NJMR)(Page no.354-357, Volume 6/issue 4/Oct-Dec 2016)
(19) Prashant Kumbhaj, Vishesh Gumdal, Ankur Punia,Deepak Yadlapalli, Rakesh Taran,Prakash Chitalkar. Prognostic model in locally advanced and metastatic gall bladder cancer. Annals of Oncology, Volume 28, Issue suppl_3,1 june 2017
(20) Vishesh Gumdal, Prashant Kumbhaj, Yadlapalli C Deepak, Ankur Punia, Rakesh Taran, Prakash Chitalkar. A Bidirectional Observational Study of Concomitant Chemo-Radiotherapy in Adenocarcinoma Stomach. Journal of The Association of Physicians of India Vol. 65 October 2017.
(1) Presented poster as a author titled” Weekly Paclitaxel With Concurrent Radiotherapy Verses Weekly Cisplatin With Concurrent Radiotherapy In Advanced Cervix Cancer Patients” in Association of Radiation Oncologists of India Conference. (AROICON), Nov 2011 Jaipur India.
(2) Awarded Susan G. Komen for the CURE® grant to present poster on breast cancer, “Comparative Study Of IMRT v/s 3DCRT In Postmastectomy Breast Cancer Patients” at the IMPAKT (IMProvingcAre and Knowledge through Translational research) 2012 Breast Cancer Conference held at Brussels, Belgium in May ‘12; published in the Annals of Oncology (Ann Oncol Vol. 23, suppl 2, May ’12). Also attended the pre-IMPAKT training course on translational research
(3) Awarded International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) Asia - Pacific Lung Cancer Travel Scholarship to present two posters on lung cancer, (1)“Docetaxel versus Gefitinib in patients with locally advanced or metastatic NSCLC pre-treated with platinum-based chemotherapy” and (2)“Comparative study of two Hypofractionated Palliative Radiotherapy regimen in locally advanced Non small cell lung carcinoma”, at the 4th Australian Lung Cancer Conference 2012 “Translating Advances into Clinical Practice” to held at Adelaide, Australia in Aug ’12, published in the Journal of Thoracic Oncology (Vol. 7, No. 9, Sept ’12).
(4) Awarded travel grant to present poster titled “Study of two different dose fractionation schedules of post mastectomy chest wall irradiation in carcinoma breast patients” at the European School of Oncology, BCY1 – Breast Cancer in Young Women Conference held at Dublin, Ireland in Nov ’12. Also attended the European School of Oncology pre-conference teaching course.
(5) Awarded Travel Grant for young researchers from overseas for poster presentation as a Author “Study of impact on the quality of life after Radiochemotherapy of locally advanced anal canal carcinoma “at the 11th Annual meeting JSMO Aug 2013, Sendai Japan
(6) Awarded ASRM Corporate Member Council In-training Travel Award for poster presentation as a author, “Fertility after testicular cancer treatment by chemotherapy and radiotherapy” presented at the Conjoint Meeting of the International Federation of Fertility Societies(IFFS) and the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) 2013, held at Boston in Oct ‘13. ).
(7) Awarded ASRM Corporate Member Council In-training Travel Award for oral presentation as a author “Quality of life and sexual functioning in cervical cancer survivors after surgery and radiotherapy”, presented at the Conjoint Meeting of the International Federation of Fertility Societies(IFFS) and the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) 2013, held at Boston in Oct ‘13).
(8) Presented poster as a author titled” Role of Lapatinib and Antiestrogen in Metastatic Triple positive breast cancer patients”in 33rd ICON Conference Patna India, March 2015
(9) Presented poster as a author titled “Antiestrogen with Chemotherapy in Metastatic Granulosa Cell Tumor” in 4TH TYACON meeting, Indore, India, May 2015.
(10) Presented poster as a author titled “Imatinib Induced Psoriatic Erythroderma in CML Patients” in ISMPO Mumbai, Nov 2015 (Indian society of medical & pediatric oncology)